Friday, November 16, 2012

Tea Chases Coffee

When tea chases coffee, tea wins.

Drinking a cup of coffee on those days when you "just can't stand it," never really seem to work, for all the work to get it released from the system. And I may have done a bad thing, to add coffee to an already fatigued day. Sounds like a really great way to more deeply rush in fatigue. I haven't been drinking coffee, except for the very occasional cup, when tea is either not worth it, or not available. Anyway, when coffee is all you have, get tea's help at the next turn, into your system, as soon as you can.

Coffee's caffeine has a very strong, potentially damaging effect  on the nervous system. As I have read, coffee caffeine will begin to place miniscule holes in the tissue walls, thereby damaging the nerve bundles. If one would like to avoid this from occurring or at least stave it off, it is advisable to make a cup of green tea and use it to chase the coffee. L-Theanine negates the effects of the caffeine, just like a caped crusader rushes in to save the day. That's right folks, green tea, Gyokuro Sencha in fact, is best at this bond, seeing as its L-theanine levels are said to be higher than other teas.

I've just finished an herbal cup, which is usually not my thing. After winding up a little too hard on the coffee and 1-2g creatine, which I never do, I decided that yoga and herbal could really make the evening swell. It was also a wake-up call to the idea that I actually made a strong Goddess oolong brew in my favorite Tea Station cup, and got myself a bit caffeine intoxicated. It's okay though, because I am ushering it out with water and this herbal mix of lavender, chamomile, peppermint, blackberry, hibiscus, rose, and tulsi.

I am yawning.
Good sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment