Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Using coconuts to cream my tea.

My tea is often more of a utiliTEA than a dramaTEAc event. Okay, kidding aside, I've been trying to find the perfect addition to the one fancy breakfast drink I choose to have daily: my tea latte. I make a tea concentrate with one heaping tablespoon of tea and steep for about ten minutes. I know that directions from other books and sites might give a variation on that theme, but my numbers work well for me. Up until this last month, I had been using soymilk. However, I decided that the soy was beginning to work the same in my mind as all the other products I had been consuming in boxes, packages and cans, and I thought I needed to make a change somewhere, so I'd begin with soy and most glutens. Well either way, the soy had to go. What was I left with? Coconut milk contains lauric acid, which is very healthy for fat metabolism. Considering that in addition to its creamy and satisfying taste, made me feel like this was a good idea.

The only thing is, after some time the coconut cream gets a little old. I grow tired of the taste and stop using it. I'm wondering if I use coconut smoothie to sweeten my tea, if that could work. My smoothie is made with a banana, coconut milk or cream, and a little bit of agave. Maybe if I continue to experiment I'll find ways to keep the coconut in my tea for longer stretches in time. I'll get back to you on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment